Features & Benifits
Provide the radiologist with a system that is easy to use.
Ensure that selected radiology images can be accessed both directly through the PACS system ensuring that radiology images are accessible from any authorized PC internally or externally.
Provide access to radiology reports and images via one screen without having to change to a separate screen to access each item; (Coherent had its own viewer that allows to view all the RIS and the images in one screen)
Support electronic downloads of patient demographic data to modalities, where possible;(Provided that the modality is DICOM Compatable)
Display RIS diagnostic reports with medical images on user-friendly, high performance, applications-oriented workstations, and automated image management and distribution.
Allow the PACS rules for image management to be determined by the customer.
Eliminate misplaced and lost films and reports.
Eliminate the time spent retrieving archived film, resulting in eventual reduction/redistribution of film file staff.
Improve exam reading and report turnaround.
Improve quality of imaging, particularly portable imaging, through the use of computed radiography (CR) and/or digital radiography (DR).
Consolidate the work of the radiologists, to enable each to optimize their work time.
Link the medical facilities together so that records and images can be reviewed at any location, thus providing better quality of patient care;
Provide access to all patient studies in the archive from any reading desktop at any hospital.
Ensure that data between the RIS and the PACS is automatically kept consistent and in sync.
Provide an integrated system that supports an efficient workflow for all users;
- All access will be privilege based (detailed in other sections).
- The RIS system will be integrate with the PACS system to provide a workflow that is consistent for Technologists, Radiologists and Clinicians alike. Data for worklists, schedules, patient flow and any other workflow should be easily accessed with a consistent view whether access is via the RIS or the PACS application.
- The Technologist should have an application allowing ease of data entry and tracking that enhances their workflow. This access will be through the easy status information on each patient in all the screens. It will provide flow and of the patient flow through the department. There will be a Dashboard to allow issues to be easily recognized,(observations by the radiologist or radiographers) and to enhance patient flow through the department.
- The Radiologist will have a work environment that allows for any function to be performed that enhances reading efficiency and improves report turnaround time. The primary workstation that is equipped with the FDA approved monitor, will enable any applications needed to be run on the same machine.
The following applications will be provided:
- RIS software to enable reporting, information access, and other data obtained in performing the exams.
- A common, consistent mechanism to create flexible worklists that allow the radiologist to view any set of exams, from any set of locations, together or separately.
- The RIS software will allow for the optional full use of voice recognition with self correction by the radiologist from all reading stations at all facilities.
- The RIS software will also allow for the use of voice dictation by the radiologist and a way for the transcriptionist to listen and type the dictation. This service can be provided by K.M Medicals
- The RIS software will allow for the creation of report templates, either by the transcriptionists or the radiologists, on the fly and save them for later use.
- Orthopedic templating.option is there in the PACS software we provide.
- Integration with other softwares like iMedDoc or other third party software is optional.
Provide access to all appropriate functionality
- In the clinical setting, both Radiologists and Clinicians will be able to perform the same image manipulations like in the theater or the wards.
- Access to the same functionality will be available remotely as well. Once a user is set up, they will be able to access all functionality from home or when traveling.
- Provide access to radiology reports and images within one system without having to change to a separate system screen to access each item (we have our own viewer built to do this task fast and efficiently even with a slower internet access.)
- Display RIS diagnostic reports with medical images on user-friendly, at the workstation in the wards or the operating theater.
- Consolidate the work of the radiologists to enable each to optimize their work time.
Provide access to all exams in the system at all sites
- Allow any rules for image management to be determined by the Shanikeils management.
- Enable access to reports and images from any location on the hospital network to enhance the quality of patient care.
- Provide access to all patient studies in the archive from any reading desktop.
- Ensure that data between the RIS and the PACS is automatically kept consistent and in sync.
- Automate updating key patient information that is changed without physical intervention.
Provide technology to support a film-less, paper-less environment that enables quality control and improvement
- Eliminate misplaced and lost films and reports.
- Eliminate the time spent retrieving archived film, and moving film around.
- Support electronic downloads of patient demographic data to modalities, where possible. This should utilize DICOM Modality Work lists. (Provided that the modalities all are DICOM compatible.)
- Provide mechanisms to create documents in software that can accept electronic signatures via signing pads, and the scanning of paper documents into the system for later retrieval.(This is an option that we can provide for extra cost for designing and implementing it according to the requirements of the hospital)
- The system will be able to allow outside exams to flow through the system (This helps the ortho and neuro physicians can bring their patient data from private rooms to operate in the hospital)
- Enable DICOM Modality Performed Procedure Step functions to save manual steps in tracking and changing exams. Also provide DICOM Storage Commitment where possible to ensure exams are on PACS before they can be deleted from the modality.
Provide the ability to support the system
- Provide a test bed system so that changes can be tested before they go live. This will be at a minimum include the RIS/PACS, along with any interfaces between them. This is going to be the test system and will be used for the initial training and changes in the software.
- The system administrators and super users will have access to all system data in an easy to use fashion such as a customizable user creation and calendar keeping of the examination scheduling. This will enable these support personnel correct problem areas, and data errors (e.g. exams not matched to patient information).
- Provide an error report via email to all accessible users.
- Provide for centralized functions such as password resets for the RIS/PACS users.